Kuna Market Village
Kuna Market Village – Retail Incubator
In June 2021, the City of Kuna is planning to launch a marketplace of small retail storefronts (120 sq. ft.) that will help foster growth of small Kuna businesses who farm or create local products. After holding two community feedback sessions in July 2020, there were over 30 businesses who indicated their interest in participating in the Market Village. There has been strong community support for the Kuna Market Village to move forward, and also local media interest:
- Idaho Statesman (July 2020): https://www.idahostatesman.com/news/business/article244392902.html
- Kuna Melba News (July 2020): https://www.idahopress.com/kuna/news/kuna-pop-up-village-eyeing-spring-2021-opening/article_4d6ccb6f-af38-57de-a6eb-6923cecd3c35.html
- Kuna Melba News (March 2021): https://www.idahopress.com/kuna/news/construction-plans-opening-date-solidified-for-outdoor-shopping-center-in-kuna/article_12ab5ef4-2e0f-5562-8bb0-c14e7c5574d9.html
For more information, click here for the overview packet.
Applications Are Open for Kuna Market Village Vendors: Applications are now open for the 2021 Kuna Market Village Season. Applications will close at the end of April, and vendors will be notified the first week of May if they are selected. The Market will have a preview on May 21st, but the season will run from June 4th - September 26th. Hours of Operation will be on Fridays from 4-8pm, Saturdays from 11am-8pm, and Sundays from 11am-4pm (optional for vendors).
- Instructions to Apply: Please fill out an application form and submit to the City Clerk's Office either in person or to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications should have pictures or a description of the items being proposed for sale. The Kuna Economic Development Committee will review applications, and priority will go to businesses who make a local good or product. No multi-level marketing companies will be allowed. There is also priority given to veteran owned businesses. The cost to have a space for the season is $1,160, and food trucks that would like to participate can pay $50 for a weekend or $25 per day.
- Application Form: Click here to download
- Lease Agreement (for the 10x12 units - only required once applicants are accepted): Click here to download
Construction Combine on May 6-7, 2021
The City of Kuna is hosting a 2-day event on May 6-7th to teach high school students construction skills. We are looking for experienced contractors to help teach construction basics including framing, roofing, siding, and flooring. Over the two days, students will work directly with contractors to construct several 10x12 sheds that will be used in the Kuna Market Village this summer, an incubator for small businesses in downtown Kuna. The training will take place at the 4th Street Gym in Kuna, and all the construction materials will be provided on-site for volunteers who participate.
This program is in partnership with Idaho State University and the Kuna School District and has been completed in other parts of the state, see video summary: https://youtu.be/BF1fYS9rPOg.
- Day 1: Students participate in a 2-hour training on topics related to construction: Framing, Roofing, Siding, Flooring, etc.
- Day 2: 4-6 Students are assigned to a building team with 2 construction trainers to build a shed. The sheds will be used as part of the Kuna Market Village in Downtown Kuna (to be located at the 4th Street Gym). At the end of the event, there will be a recruitment/networking fair for students looking for summer jobs/internships.
Student Signup: Click here! Spots are limited to 48 students, and preference is given to seniors in high school.
Contractor Volunteer Signup: Click Here!
Note* Photos shown below are conceptual and an example from the Tionesta Market Village in Pennsylvania.